Put Over 40 Years of Michigan Family Law Experience On Your Side

Once you have a Judgment that divides the retirement assets, how do you ensure that the employer will pay a portion of it to the non-employee spouse?  Most retirement plans require a qualified domestic relation order, commonly known as a “QDRO”, or a domestic relations order (DRO) to tell the pension trustees exactly how the division of the pension is to be accomplished.  Under a statute recently enacted by the legislature, whatever percentage of monthly benefits is granted, will also apply to any additional rights or special provisions allowed under the plan, unless specifically stated otherwise.

Schedule a Consultation

If you have questions regarding a Qualified Domestic Relations Order, please contact our Plymouth, Michigan property division attorneys today to schedule a consultation.