Put Over 40 Years of Michigan Family Law Experience On Your Side

Divorce Attorneys in Plymouth, MI
Enforcement of the Terms of the Judgment of Divorce

If a party fails to abide by the terms set forth in the Judgment of Divorce (whether entered by consent, default, or after a trial), the other party may file a motion with the court  requesting enforcement of the terms of the Judgment, including those involving property distribution, spousal support, custody, parenting time and child support payments. The court may determine that the non-complying party is in contempt of court. Besides requiring the other party to comply with the terms of the courts prior Divorce Judgment or Order, the court can award sanctions and attorney fees, and if it believes that the failure to comply with the court’s orders have been on purpose and or avoidable, may imprison the non-complying party.

Schedule a Consultation

Our firm is committed to helping you obtain the best possible outcome in your Michigan divorce. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with an experienced Plymouth divorce lawyer.