Divorce Attorneys in Wayne County, Michigan
Complaint for Divorce
In Michigan, a divorce is started by filing a complaint for divorce. This document has several important components.
- It informs the court why it has jurisdiction over you and you spouse.
- It sets out when, where, and by whom you were married.
- It declares there to be an irreconcilable breakdown of the marriage.
- It lists the number of children born during the marriage, and their age.
- It indicates what you believe to be the appropriate custodial arrangement.
- It sets forth your position on both child support and spousal support.
- It has a general request for property and asset division, and states whether there are separate assets that need to be considered.
- Where necessary, its sets forth the reasons why you should be given ExParte relief, and the type of ExParte relief you are seeking.
- It addresses requests for attorney fees.
- If you have been physically injured prior to the divorce, it can also ask for financial compensation for pain and suffering.
Consult a Wayne County, MI Divorce Lawyer
To schedule a consultation with a Wayne County divorce lawyer to discuss your family law needs, contact us today